ETC’s Hospitality English Language Training Schemes can help you connect with customers.
With social networking sites such as Facebook, Google+ and Twitter you now have the potential to connect with millions of people who may be interested in your business and services. Social networks have quickly become the new marketplace where you can engage with your existing customers directly and where you can attract new potential prospects easily.
Since the explosion of networking sites both your existing customers and your potential new customers are using sites such Facebook, Google+ and Twitter more and more in their day to day lives. In fact, do you know that:-
- 78 per cent of consumers trust peer recommendations, only 14 per cent trust advertisements (Nielsen).
- In 60 seconds, 695,000 status updates, 79,364 wall posts and 510,040 comments are published on social networking site Facebook (go-gulf.com 2011)
- 177 million tweets are sent per day in the world (Buysellads 2011)
- If Facebook were a country, it would be the world’s third largest and twice the size of the U.S. population (Facebook and world population data)
- While the TV took 13 years to reach an audience of 500 million users, Facebook reached 100 million in 9 months (Socialnomics 2010).
Unfortunately however, as consumers become more confident in the usage of interactive media, Hotel Groups and Hospitality Management Companies are finding it more difficult to connect with consumers and must work harder to attract, engage and interact with them if they wish to encourage their customers to make bookings via sites such as Facebook, Google+ and Twitter. Especially as:-
- Social media now influences the brand perceptions and purchase decisions of 38 million people in the US (Businesswire 2011)
- Companies like Dell make $6.5 million from Twitter sales (Guardian.co.uk)
- Businesses such as MTV, Starbucks, Coca Cola, Oreo and Converse are engaging with more than 20 million users every day (Socialnakers 2011).
- Top social game apps earn the reach of TVs top-rated shows. The engagement of an addictive game has the popular culture impact of Rock and Hollywood stature (#Socialgaming Astech SF 2011)
- In the near future, we will no longer search for products and services. They will find us via social media (Socialnomics 2010)
According to the statistic from the Internet World Stats, it is reported that the Internet users is growing at an explosive rate, with 480% growth during 2000 – 2011. Currently, there are a total of 2.095 billion internet users globally, of which 44% are in Asia accumulated to 922 million. It also shows that internet users in Thailand has totaled 18.3 million and projected to grow to 66.7 million users by this 2011.
Even Mr. Akapol Sorasuchart, the President of the Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (TCEB), said recently “Social Media has been considered as the most effective tool and played a significant role in all business aspects. It is also accounted to the business-to-business platform. Many of business corporations have already jumped on the social media bandwagon in order to engage in two-way conversations with their customers and drives business success.”
How can ETC’s Hospitality English Language Training Schemes help you connect with your customers – daily?
Unfortunately, a full-time Hospitality English Language Training scheme still remains just another burden for many Hotel Groups & Hospitality Management Companies within Thailand. These companies still believe “They don’t have the time”. However this also means these same businesses are still unaware of the power a full-time Hospitality English Language Scheme has to ‘continually connect’ them with guests during their stay and long after they have left the property.
On a property level, hotels can ‘personally connect’ with guests by scheduling “On-the-Job” English Training sessions in areas of the property where guests can easily observe, and be encouraged to actively participate in, employee training sessions. Once guests have left the property they can continue to monitor employee progression through the hotel website, Facebook Page and Google+ Circles as you update your social network profiles with images of “On-the-Job” English Training sessions; post comments on topics being taught and involve your customers in interactive English grammar games and quizzes.
By investing in employee educational development with a full-time ETC Hospitality English Language Training Scheme, hotels will not only be taking ‘social responsibility’ for the personal and professional development of their employees they can ‘connect’ daily with their customers. So CONTACT US TODAY or check out our FACEBOOK PAGE to see how our unique ETC HELTS can help your business engage with your existing customers and attract new ones!